Wednesday 27 August 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Review / It just wasn't meant to be!


Nars Sheer Glow, a foundation that is very hyped up in the blogging community and everyone seems to love. A foundation that I couldn't wait to try and thought that I would join everyone in being head over heels in love. Did I love it? No. Did I in fact hate it with a passion? Yes.

When going into my local Space NK I did inform the lovely lady that I had quite oily skin but she said it will be fine and Nars Sheer Glow suits everyone. I feel very depressed that it seems to suit everyone but me! No matter what base I used, how I applied it or how little or more I put on, it just looked absolutely awful on my skin. It never fully sunk in so it felt heavy on my skin and looked very cakey. It  made me look extremely oily, almost like my face was wet.. not a good look at all. After about 3 hours it had pretty much completely worn away, regardless of the amount of setting powder I'd used.
I also found it clung horrendously to any little but of dryness I had (which isn't a lot) AND it made me break out wahhhhh!!!

A very shiney and cakey looking forehead! 

Unfortunately after having it only about 3 weeks I have contacted Space NK and they are kindly letting me exchange it for a different product. I'm thinking of trying the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, hopefully that will work better on me! (fingers crossed)

I'm not writing this review to put anyone off as I know on the right person it would and does look absolutely amazing! I just want people in the same situation to know that its perfectly fine if Sheer Glow didn't work for you, there's nothing wrong with your face (I briefly panicked about this ). We have to accept that we all have completely different skin types and what might work well and look fabulous of someone else, might not necessarily look good or work for you.


So my search for the perfect foundation is still underway! Does anyone have any recommendations for oily skin?


Leanne xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment